Does my business still need a landline phone number?
As we start building our plan for exiting the COVID-19 lockdown, the need for a phone system is being challenged.
We have Teams, Zoom, WhatsApp……, we have our mobiles, during lockdown we have proved we can communicate without the office phone system.
Why do we need a landline for Business?
5 Reasons a Landline Phone number is still needed.
- TRUST, the fear of being scammed on a mobile number, landlines are regarded as an indicator that a business is real.
- HUMAN TOUCH, your customers still prefer to call and speak to a human when decisions are important.
- CALL RECEPTION, mobile reception is often variable, VOIP landlines offer a better call quality.
- GOOGLE, search engines retain the phone number as a key factor in local searches. Lack of a phone number or other inconsistencies in your internet presence may be a red flag.
- WELLBEING, without a landline staff will need to give out their mobile number or carry two mobiles (personal & work). The blurring of business and home life adds unneeded stress.
The optimum telephony solution in 2020.
Replace Analogue fixed line with Hosted VOIP now.
Increase flexibility, cut costs and leverage technology in one easy step.
Cloud-hosted VOIP telephony such as Greenlight Telecoms Ninkasi solution offers total portability without sacrificing the landline number. A cloud-hosted VOIP phone can be plugged into any broadband connection and operate as if you were in the office.
Landline retained, calls can be initiated from the computer as a softphone option, complete flexibility for any future situation.
Re-think your requirement, do you need a phone on every desk? Start with a main company line for each site, retain desk phones for active departments and moved to shared phones in less active teams.
Some clients are even placing a phone with key suppliers to consolidate the relationship and enable enhanced communication and service tracking.
Your 2020 optimum telephony solution is hybrid, with a hosted VOIP landline solution, using Teams/Zoom etc to collaborate and mobiles anytime anywhere.
Contact Greenlight Telecoms for a FREE Telephony review.